[Air-l] Setting up Netscape for text-only messages

Charlie Hendricksen veritas at u.washington.edu
Tue Aug 28 10:08:11 PDT 2001

Friends,
    For Netscape users, the instructions on how to set up your message
to be sent in plain text are listed below.  For MSIE users, I cannot
coax Micro$oft's help pages to yield that information.  Perhaps
someone else can provide that information.

For Netscape (4.74):

Setting Message Formatting Preferences

You can choose between a plain-text or HTML composition
window for creating mail messages, and you can specify
whether recipients prefer to receive plain-text or HTML
formatted messages.

 1.From the Edit menu, choose Preferences. Then select
   Formatting from the Mail & Newsgroup Preferences
   category.

 2.Choose whether you want to use HTML editor or the
   plain-text editor to compose your messages.
[Select "Use the plain text editor to compose messages.]

 3.When you add a person or address card to your address
   book, you can specify whether that addressee should
   always receive messages in HTML formatting. If this
   information is unknown, choose one of options to specify
   how messages should be delivered. You can always override
   these settings through the Options panel of the
   Composition window.
["Select Ask me what to do if message has HTML formatting ..."]

 4.Click OK.

            Charlie Hendricksen   veritas at u.washington.edu

            "Information technology structures human relationships."
                            "Models relate ideas."