[Air-l] Setting up Explorer for text-only messages

Karla Tonella Karla-Tonella at uiowa.edu
Tue Aug 28 14:19:50 PDT 2001

At 10:08 AM -0700 8/28/01, Charlie Hendricksen wrote:
>     For Netscape users, the instructions on how to set up your message
>to be sent in plain text are listed below.  For MSIE users, I cannot
>coax Micro$oft's help pages to yield that information.  Perhaps
>someone else can provide that information.

Microsoft Internet Explorer allows the user to choose their own
e-mail program -- mine is set to Eudora, probably most set theirs to
Outlook Express.

Eudora users can change the kind of e-mail they send out under
Special/Settings (Mac) or Tools/Options (Windows) by choosing Styled
Text and clicking on the "Send Plain Text Only" box.

In Outlook Express (Windows) under Tools/Options/Send -- toward the
bottom of the dialog box one can find the "Mail Sending Format" area
and click on "Plain Text."

--
Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra.