[Air-l] Fw: Air-l digest, Vol 1 #78 - 3 msgs

Jeremy W. Crampton jcrampton at gsu.edu
Mon Aug 13 08:40:07 PDT 2001

 This cost is one reason why we are working on a model which will predict
  Internet access across a locality. Our focus is on GIS for policymaking
  tools. I will talk about this at the conference, and hopefully get some
 good  suggestions (we'll only have preliminary data unfortunately).

  __
  Jeremy W. Crampton
  President, NACIS http://www.nacis.org
  & http://monarch.gsu.edu/jcrampton/

  The reason for this paucity is, of course, that sizing Internet user
  populations is an incredibly expensive and time-consuming process.  A
  really interesting doctoral thesis to read would be one which took
  apart and compared the various  methodologies as a way of explaining
  the wide divergences in results.  Or: data points are memes, and they
  travel, but in so doing they obscure their origins; call it a fetish
  for numbers.

  cheers
  Bram
  --