[Air-l] Commentary for book on e-commerce/technology

batchro at cs.com batchro at cs.com
Tue Aug 14 10:23:46 PDT 2001

Dear Fellow Listmates,

I'm writing a book on e-commerce and technology for Prentice Hall. It is an examination of successful tech companies, the ones that flamed out, and the lessons we can learn from both.

I am looking for interviewees/commentators for subjects ranging from the state of online music to the portal war between AOL, Yahoo, and MSN, to exploring who is to blame for the crash and some crystal ball gazing into what might be next. As you can see from the above list, the book is going to be wide-ranging.

Some background: I'm a business writer and historian. I've written approximately 200 articles and essays over the last several years, mostly on high tech. I've worked as a business writer at a number of large organizations, currently at one of the world's largest financial services companies. I also worked at Ernst & Young and was a Senior Historian at The History Factory.

My first book, an examination of history and popular culture from 1900-1910, titled The 1900s, will be published in April 2002 by Greenwood. I'm co-authoring a corporate history on a major consumer goods company and editing a book for Haworth Press, called Basketball in America: From the Playground to Jordan's Game and Beyond. [A sidenote -- I'm still seeking contributors for the basketball book, if you're interested]

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to be included in the e-commerce book.

Thanks,
Bob Batchelor
San Rafael, CA
batchro at cs.com