[Air-l] Re: networking communities

CRAIG MURRAY MURRAYC at hope.ac.uk
Tue Aug 28 00:56:22 PDT 2001

Hi Kate and all.

> It would be lovely if you could share what you have, perhaps by >posting a link to your work to the AOIR list. What are you aiming to >do?

I'm researching a research proposal, in which I'd like to look at the use of information technology by the Deaf community. In particular, I'd like to introduce networked computing in two local deaf clubs in England (30 miles apart) and explore how these extended networks impact upon the quality of life of members. While there are already established dicussion lists with a world-wide membership, I am interested to see how (if?) CMC between groups of people who live in geographical proximity to one another enriches their lives. Thanks to all who have sent responses to my initial request for references/information. I would appreciate any more help that members can provide, and will provide a summary of responses to the list in due course.

Best wishes, Craig.

Craig D. Murray
Lecturer in Psychology
Department of Psychology