[Air-l] Re: UCLA Internet Use Report

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Wed Dec 5 17:05:47 PST 2001

I tend to agree with Lentz, et. al. (if someone wants to do an edited
volume proposal on this, I'll help)perhaps the place to start with
critique of this sort of thing is to demand the codebook if it is not
publicly available to researchers, it should be provided upon request,
then we can see the actual questions and coding, and build the critiques
with that in mind.  While tracking surveys overall do have issues, I
find the real problem between the lack of parity between the claims as
presented to the public and the claims that are possible given a
narrowest or widest interpretation of the information presented that
could be derived from the data.

jeremy hunsinger
on the ibook
www.cddc.vt.edu