[Air-l] Re: Air-l digest, Vol 1 #50 - 1 msg

Anabel Quan Haase aquan at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Jul 7 10:18:02 PDT 2001

Intergroup communication and the Internet
Dear Joyce,
this is a topic that I am also interested in. If you have found other
resources on the topic I would like to read them.  I can recommend the
following readings:

Haythornthwaite, C. and B. Wellman (1998). “Work, friendship and media use
for information exchange in a networked organization.” Journal of the
American Society for Information Science 49(12): 1101-1114.

Koku, E., N. Nazer, and B. Welllman (2001). “Netting scholars: Online
and offline.”
American Behavioral Scientist 43(Special issue: Mapping Globalization):
1750-1772.

Bradner, E. (2000). Sociological constructs of small groups in the
workplace: What are "teams" and how are they "virtual"? Workshop on
Virtually Collocated Teams in the Workplace at the Conference on Human
Factors in Computing Systems, The Hague, Netherlands, 1-6 April 2000.

Cothrel, J. and R. Williams (1999). On-line communities: Getting the most
out of on-line discussion and collaboration. Knowledge Management Review.
6. 2001.
Garton, L., C. Haythornthwaite, et al. (1997). “Studying On-line Social
Networks.” Journal of Computer Mediated Communication 3(1): website:
http://www.usc.edu/dept/annenberg/vol3/issue1/garton.html.
I hope this helps,

 Anabel

Anabel Quan Haase (PhD student)                      University of Toronto
McLuhan Program in Culture and Technology                           NetLab
Knowledge Media Design Institute            Faculty of Information Studies
140 St. George Street Toronto, Ontario Canada,   M5S 3G6 Fax. 416-978-5762