[Air-l] online consent forms

Laura Gurak gurakl at umn.edu
Thu Jul 19 14:41:09 PDT 2001

I am part of a study here that will involve using the Web to recruit
subjects and then "sign" an online consent form. We don't want to make
people print and mail/fax the form. We want to do everything online with an
eye of course on confidentiality and other traditional human subjects
concerns.

Can anyone recommend some good examples of online consent forms? Or some
articles on the subject?

Thanks, Laura Gurak

Laura J. Gurak, Ph.D. Associate Professor
Rhetoric Department, University of Minnesota
1994 Buford Ave., St. Paul, MN 55108  v 612-624-3773
also--Director, Internet Studies Center -- www.isc.umn.edu
Faculty Fellow, Law School
gurakL at tc.umn.edu   www.rhetoric.umn.edu/Faculty/gurak.html