[Air-l] IS Openings at the Most Wired Public University in the US

Michael Bieber bieber at homer.njit.edu
Thu Jul 5 15:40:20 PDT 2001

IS has been at NJIT for decades, but our IS Department is only a few
days old, along with our new College of Computing Services.  And
we're growing rapidly.  Last year we hired 6 new IS faculty, and we
have several openings for Assistant, Associate and Full Professors
starting in Spring and Fall 2002, with yet more anticipated for the
future!

For three years, Yahoo! Internet Life magazine has named NJIT as the
"most wired" public university in the U.S. in its annual ranking, and
the country's 3rd most wired university overall.  NJIT has several
laboratory facilities, including a new Collaborative Hypermedia and
Application Development Lab and a new electronic arts habitat (eARTh)
Lab.

NJIT is located 25 minutes from New York City by train. Our IS
program is one of the largest in the New York metropolitan area. The
area has a high concentration of industry and businesses, with many
opportunities for research collaboration and consulting.  We also
have a high degree of collaboration among researchers across campus.

In our B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. programs, Assistant Professors teach 2
courses a year, and Associate Professors teach 4 courses a year.  In
keeping with NJIT's technical focus, we are looking primarily for
candidates with strong technical skills.

For further details, please see http://is.njit.edu/recruiting01.html
or contact Michael Bieber at recruit-is at njit.edu.

Thanks!