[Air-l] freedom of speech

Monika Merkes M.Merkes at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Jul 12 22:01:47 PDT 2001

Greetings
At La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia, files on the website of
Dr Ken Harvey have been removed on the Dean's authorisation for
allegedly defaming federal Health Minister Michael Wooldridge. The
Melbourne newspaper 'The Age' reported on 10 July 2001 that Dr Harvey
has been charged with serious misconduct. The website offered a
collection of resources regarding the Australian Pharmaceutical Benefits
Scheme. It has now been moved to   http://users.bigpond.net.au/pbs-pbac/

The details of the site's suspension can be found at
http://users.bigpond.net.au/pbs-pbac/site_suspension.htm

Regards
Monika Merkes
Doctoral student, School of Public Health, La Trobe University

Visit my website at http://www-sph.health.latrobe.edu.au/bbww/ - no, you
can't visit it at the moment. It has also been removed - so far nobody
can tell me who removed it or why. However, it appears there was no
authorisation to remove my website. The website was set up in March 2001
for the purposes of data collection for my doctoral thesis. Hopefully it
will soon be online  again.