[Air-l] FWD: gor and aior

Steve Jones sjones at uic.edu
Tue Jun 5 14:24:55 PDT 2001

I'd like to think that we've been reaching out...I, for one, have
attended ("crashed" is probably the more appropriate term) other
disciplinary conferences in Chicago (it's one of the benefits of
being in a city with the hotel/convention space for the "big"
meetings) and distributed AoIR flyers, met with people, etc.

For me, though, what's important is that AoIR's membership is
_already_ multidisciplinary. I think that was evident at Kansas, and
I suspect it'll be as evident, and then some, at the Minnesota
conference. It would be excellent if members in other disciplines
(and let's not just confine ourselves to scholarly disciplines but
also think about industry, science, and terms other than "discipline"
that we use to define what we do and where we think we belong) would
assist in, on the one hand, reaching out to colleagues who may
benefit from AoIR, and, on the other hand, let us know more about
goings-on in their non-AoIR activities that might be of interest to
AoIR members. This sort of thing has been happening, of course, and
is for me one of the benefits of AoIR. I've learned much about
Internet research in domains other than communication and sociology
and in other parts of the world. Please, let's keep that up!

Sj