[Air-l] metaphors we live by

J. Sternberg netberg at compuserve.com
Wed Jun 13 19:37:24 PDT 2001

Let me second Ed's suggestion to check out Gozzi's work on metaphor
(he's a colleague of mine in the Media Ecology Association). One of
his books is:

The Power of Metaphor in the Age of Electronic Media
Raymond Gozzi, Jr.
Hampton Press, 1999

Looks at metaphor in oral, print, and electric cultures, as well as
discussion of many metaphors related to media and technology.

Regards,

Dr. Janet Sternberg
New York University
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~js15