[Air-l] FWD: [CSL] CFPs: Conference on the "e-Society", Berlin October 2001

jhuns jhuns at vt.edu
Fri Jun 1 07:21:02 PDT 2001

moderated discussion list for those interested
<CYBER-SOCIETY-LIVE at JISCMAIL.AC.UK> =====
Forwarded from the innovation and competition list ...

Dear colleagues,

I'd like to draw your attention to a relevant event taking place later
this year. It is part of the German
Federal Ministry of Education and Research's initiative to support
innovation and technology analysis.

The Institute for Technology Assessment and Systems Analysis of the
Research Centre Karlsruhe and
the VDI/VDE-IT Information Technologies GmbH are organising a conference
on the "e-Society" for the
Federal Ministry of Education and Research. This congress will take
place in Berlin from 17 to 20
October of this year. Its full title is: "Innovations for an e-Society-
Challenges for Technology
Assessment". It is concerned with all aspects of society making
increasing use of information and
communication technologies, with special emphasis on the roles of
knowledge and information. There will
be sessions on the following topics:
- e-Commerce
- New Media and Culture
- Electronic Governance
- e-Health Services
- "e-work or social contract?" - Opportunities for sustainable models of
work
- The vulnerability" of the e-society, data protection and IT Security
- New Approaches of Technology Assessment and Forecasting

The deadline for submission of short abstracts outlining the foreseen
content of a presentation is June 11.
In view of the brevity, we are prepared to accept abstracts for
consideration after this deadline if this has
been announced beforehand and we have been informed of a provisional
title.

Full details can be found on the web at:
http://www.itas.fzk.de/e-society/

The conference organisers welcome all contributions and I would like to
cordially invite you to draw
colleagues' attention to the event, which we would like to be truly
international.

Kind regards,
Michael Rader
Michael Rader
Research Centre Karlsruhe,
Institute for Technology Assessment and Systems Analysis (ITAS)
P.O.Box 3640
D-76021 Karlsruhe

Tel.: +49-7247/82 2505 Fax: +49-7247/82 4806
E-Mail: rader at itas.fzk.de

******
Distributed through Cyber-Society-Live [CSL]: CSL is a moderated discussion
list made up of people who are interested in the interdisciplinary academic
study of Cyber Society in all its manifestations.To join the list please
visit:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/cyber-society-live.html
*******

Jeremy Hunsinger