[Air-l] Internet Users More Tolerant?

Mark D. Johns johnsmar at luther.edu
Sat Jun 23 19:54:56 PDT 2001

I suspect this is yet another instance in which correlation is not indicative of
causation.  In a cyber-world characterized by the digital divide, would it not
logically be the case that well-to-do Internet users are better educated and
exposed to a wider variety of life experiences in their "real world" existence?
I doubt the Internet makes us more tolerant.  It's just that people who have
learned to be tolerant happen to be the people with the wherewithal to populate
the Internet.
--
Mark D. Johns, Ph.D.
Asst. Professor of Communication/Linguistics,