[Air-l] [Fwd: GAME CULTURES - INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTER GAMES BRISTOLJUNE 29th - JULY 1st]

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Wed May 9 16:30:42 PDT 2001

GAME CULTURES - INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTER GAMES
BRISTOL JUNE 29th - JULY 1st

http://humanities.uwe.ac.uk/Gamesculture/index.htm

Dear Colleague,

I've just joined the 'Game Cultures' team (apologies for any duplicate
mailings) and am writing to you with a reminder of the upcoming
conference
above. 'GAME CULTURES' will be the first UK academic conference looking
at
computer games and gamers.

I'm aware that you've shown an interest in the conference, so I would
like
to remind you that the deadline for registration is Friday 18 May. As
places
are limited and as you were kind enough to express interest at the
planning
stage we would be keen for you to be able to participate in this event.

>From the outset, we have been  particularly keen to provide an opportunity
for UK researchers to actively participate in this emerging area of
academic
inquiry. As you will see from the website, there is a strong
international
presence which should create a stimulating platform for debate.
We hope that by disseminating some of the best internationally produced
work
in this area that we will be able to establish an active network of
academic
researchers in the field. To this end we would very much welcome your
involvement

I have attached an updated version of the registration form, and a
credit
card authorisation form (if you have a problem opening any of the
attachments, please reply to sender <lizmilner.wwd at virgin.net). Please
pass
on these details to any other researchers who you think might benefit
from
attending this event.

We look forward to hearing from you very soon. If you know you intend to
come but have not yet secured funding please do let us know so that we
can
hold a place for you subject to payment of delegate fees.

Yours sincerely
Liz Milner
Marketing co ordinator

If this information is no longer relevant, or if you wish to be removed
from
this mailing list, please reply to sender <lizmilner.wwd at virgin.net>.
For
all other contacts, booking and information, please reply to
Jonathan.Dovey at uwe.ac.uk