[Air-l] Sharing news

Gates Matthew Stoner gstoner at email.arizona.edu
Thu May 24 11:30:33 PDT 2001

I guess I'll step in on this one..... I think it is very useful for this to
be a place where everyone can 'share' information within the parameters of
fair use. The Assoc. of Computing Machinery and Benton Foundation actually
have a daily newsletter in which they post URL of articles of interest with
a brief summary. I think this is quite valuable, but I understand it is a
laborious activity and a full time job for individuals at both those
organizations. But perhaps we can adopt among ourselves a sort of standard
for sharing a brief abstract and URL of interest to articles at such places
as the New York Times or other news outlet and take the full advantage of
the internet.

Matt Stoner