[Air-l] RE: Copyright issues on material transmitted to AIR-L

Aldon Hynes ahynes1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 11:54:45 PDT 2001

I find it interesting to look at what the different
newspapers do.

New York Times
You have the choice of sending an abstract, or the
whole article.  The article comes with a link and
advertisements.

Washington Post
You have the choice of sending a link, an abstract, or
the whole article.  The article comes with a link but
no advertisements.

LA Times:
Does not appear to support sending news articles via
email

Boston Globe:
Does not give a choice of what gets sent.  Sends the
first paragraph and a link.  No advertisements.

NY Post:
Does not give a choice of what gets sent.  Sends and a
link.  No advertisements.

London Times
Does not give a choice of what gets sent.  Sends and a
link.  No advertisements.  Has statements about
agreeing to the terms and conditions by clicking on
button.

I'm sure there is a paper waiting to be written on the
legal and advertising issues involved in newspapers
sending their news stories as emails.

Aldon

--- Dean Rehberger <rehberger at mail.matrix.msu.edu>