[Air-l] Internet research opportunity

Elizabeth Weiss gte545r at prism.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 12 08:25:02 PST 2001

Fellow Internet researchers,

We would like to present a unique Internet research opportunity to you. We
have been working on developing a database of individuals who are willing to
participate in online research (http://www.StudyResponse.com). Approximately
850 people have registered to be participants with the service as of today.
We have completed one study (and are nearly finished with data collection
for a second) using this database, and are eager to do another.

The response rate for the first study was about 60%, and promises to equal
that for the second study. We had a demographically diverse group of 50
males and 100 females, with ages ranging from 18 to 77 years old (M=39), a
wide distribution of occupations and educational levels, and various work
situations (i.e. full time, part time, temp, etc.). The majority of
participants reported being very comfortable computers and the Internet. The
respondent group did not differ from the non-respondent group on any
demographic variables of interest. A more complete description of the panel
in terms of age, gender, race, occupation, work situation, and educational
level is available at http://www.psychology.gatech.edu/eweiss/sample.htm .
We are also developing a page detailing the results of past studies at
http://www.psychology.gatech.edu/eweiss/priorstudies.htm .

We'd like to know if you would be interested in conducting a study using our
database. The study should require not more than 425 participants (assuming
an approximate 50% response rate, for estimation purposes), and should
involve an incentive of some kind (either a raffle or a direct payment to
participants). You would need to provide us with a recruitment e-mail to
send out to our group. You are also responsible for setting up and
maintaining your online survey. At the end, we will provide you with
information on non-respondents and any information you may need for payment.

If you'd like more information, don't hesitate to contact us. You can also
visit the StudyResponse.com website and click on the link for "researchers"
to learn more about how the process works.

Thanks!

Jeff Stanton and Elizabeth Weiss

Elizabeth Weiss, M.S.
Industrial/Organizational Psychology