[Air-l] Online Journalism

Niki Cheong cheongp at ses.curtin.edu.au
Tue Nov 13 07:46:01 PST 2001

Hi Dave,

My Honours thesis revolves also around online journalism. I'd be interested
in the response you get as well. :o)

I haven't come across many books dealing directly with it but the aptly
named "Online Journalism:A Critical Primer" by Jim Hall (Pluto, 2001) was
helpful.

Also my supervisor directed me to this reading "Journalism Online: Exploring
the Impact of New Media on News and Society" by John V. Pavlik and Steven S.
Ross. This reading is a chapter from the book Understanding the Web: Social,
Political and Economic Dimensions of the Internet - Iowa State University
Press 2000 (Alan B. Albarran and David H. Goff eds)

Hope this helps.

Niki

--

Niki Cheong
Curtin Student Guild

Tel: +61 8 9266 2918
Fax: +61 8 9226 2996

> Can anyone recommend a good article, chapter, or book that deals with
> online journalism? I would appreciate any help you can provide.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Dave

---