[Air-l] De-lurking. Need help with thesis format!

Ronelle Lee Hutchinson Ronelle.Hutchinson at arts.monash.edu.au
Tue Nov 13 19:52:29 PST 2001

Hi. I am 12 months away from submitting my PhD thesis. My research is a
sociological analysis of the concept of community and how this can be
applied to collectivities who communicate solely through CMC. Due to
the nature of my research data, I am making a case to my university to
submit my thesis as an interactive CD-ROM.  I have been asked by the
doctoral examinations committee to formally request permission and
justify why this is the most appropriate format for my thesis.

I was hoping that my AOIR colleagues may be able to assist me in
providing some precedents from other universities of PhD's submitted in
this or alternative formats.   Any suggestions, comments or ideas?

Thank you,

Ronelle Hutchinson
Doctoral Candidate
School of Social and Political Inquiry