[Air-l] lit. on e-commerce / new economy firms?

Philip Howard p-howard at northwestern.edu
Sun Nov 18 21:50:52 PST 2001

Dear AIR:
I'm on the hunt for favorite published pieces on the organizational
behavior of e-commerce & other new economy firms.  Ethnographies in which
an e-commerce firm was a field site, or larger comparative / quantitative
studies of new economy firms ideal.

I'm not interested in broad sketch books on the new economy, bubbles,
collapses or economic destinies.  I'm interested in scholarly pieces where
a particular firms are studied, especially if they are comparative and try
to make distinctions with old economy non-e-commerce firms.  Studies of
non-profits or state organizations welcome but my instinct is that there
are few of these.

As always grateful for your advice.  Will repost the final bibliography.
p.

Philip Howard
ph. (773) 274-6817 / c. (202) 271-7170 / p-howard at northwestern.edu
Sociology, Northwestern University - http://pubweb.nwu.edu/~pho442/