[Air-l] AoIR Conference Reminder (draft)

Steve Jones sjones at uic.edu
Mon Oct 1 20:16:01 PDT 2001

Greetings:

There have been a handful of people e-mailing me about the upcoming
conference at the University of Minnesota asking whether we're still
holding it, etc.

Yes, we are still holding it. There has been heartening confidence
from participants, and we can expect registration to be at the 350 -
400 person mark, perhaps more depending on on-site registrations. All
of the keynote speakers are indeed planning to attend.

Will it be the conference we had hoped for before September 11?  Yes
and, actually, quite a bit more.

Of course, much has changed for all of us since that day, and there
have been some who planned to attend but will not. However, the
majority has indicated they will be present and we are getting new
registrations daily.  (As an aside, the conference web site, thanks
to John Logie, is updated regularly.)  Not only are we going to have
more people at the conference than we did last year, but we currently
have 80 concurrent sessions planned, a 25% increase from last year's
conference.

I look forward to seeing you in Minneapolis/St. Paul next week. If
you have any questions or concerns please e-mail me (sj at aoir.org).

With all best wishes,
Steve Jones
Sj