[Air-l] RE: Internet Cafes in Airports

Bunz, Ulla K ulla at ukans.edu
Sat Oct 20 12:40:20 PDT 2001

 Dear all!

I'm delighted to get so much feedback on my "Internet Cafes" posting. Some
of you have posted to the list, some have written to me personally.  It
seems that there are
1) pay phone similar devices in quite a few airports, but they are expensive
and not very handy
2) executive lounges and the like, or jacks where people with laptops (and
no, believe it or not, not everyone owns one of those...especially those who
have not dedicated their life to Internet Research) can connect
3) very few airports such as Singapore that actually have Cyber Cafes or
similar access locations.

I'm quite intrigued by this now, and I'd like to ask you to keep the
messages coming. If you send to me at ulla at ku.edu I will post a summary to
the list in a while. I do think there's more than one interesting project
hiding here.

Thanks,
ulla, still on the road and bumming free Internet access off public
libraries