[Air-l] Literature Search Question

Joan Korenman korenman at umbc.edu
Mon Oct 29 18:26:11 PST 2001

--On Sunday, October 28, 2001 4:59 PM -0500 Katie Bessiere
<kbessiere at socy.umd.edu> wrote:

> Essentially, I'd like to find literature dealing with multitasking
> (by individuals) in computer use, but I'm also looking for any
> literature (be it psychology, business, etc...) on multitasking in
> general - not necessarily dealing with computers.

A non-computer example: Mary Catherine Bateson discusses multitasking
as a common phenomenon in many women's lives.  I've heard her talk
about this, but if I recall correctly she has also written about it,
perhaps in _Composing a Life_.  I don't think she uses the term
"multitasking."

	Joan Korenman

        Joan Korenman, Director
        Center for Women & Information Technology
        Baltimore, MD 21250  USA
        korenman at umbc.edu
        http://www.umbc.edu/cwit/