[Air-l] AIR-MEET INVITATION: AoIR 2002 CONFERENCE IN THE NETHERLANDS

Monica.Murero at MERIT.UNIMAAS.NL Monica.Murero at MERIT.UNIMAAS.NL
Fri Oct 26 04:25:29 PDT 2001

AIR-MEET INVITATION: AoIR 2002 CONFERENCE IN THE NETHERLANDS

The Association of Internet Researchers will meet October 13-16 2002,
for the first time in Europe, at the International Institute of
Infonomics (www.infonomics.nl/aoir) (University of Maastricht),
in Maastricht, The Netherlands.

When it comes to a successful conference, there are three critical factors:
the quality of the planning that goes into the program,
the quality of the environment,
and the quality of the facilities.

AoIR is committed to planning conferences from the ground up. We
invite and encourage the participation of all members in the planning
process. As this is our first European meeting, we particularly hope
that our European members will participate. If you are interested in
helping to plan this conference, you can subscribe to air-meet, the
list of the conference planning committee. Next week those on the
air-meet list will be discussing (at the very least) a draft Call For
Papers, and preferred keynote speakers.

   To join the conference planning list:

Maastricht, in the "heart" of Europe, is a very attractive, internationally
oriented city with a "joie de vivre" all of its own.
(http://www.infonomics.nl/aoir/localinfo.htm)

The "Infonomics Team" has secured the first choice of venues with one of the
most modern conference centers in Europe (MECC) serving as the official
conference center for the AoIR 3.0. We are confident that this venue will
provide appropriate and professional environments, and offer all of us
considerable comfort and convenience during 2002 conference.

All the best!

Monica Murero, AoIR 3.0 Conference Coordinator
International Institute of Infonomics, University of Maastricht
(Monica.Murero at infonomics.nl)
Klaus Bruhn Jensen, Program Chair, University of Copenhagen