[Air-l] internet in airports

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 22 09:10:50 PDT 2001

One reason that there are surprisingly few public Internet access points
in airports is that because the airlines' business-class lounges often
supply this to members for free. This removes a lot of the potential
public access market.

Altho I don't often fly business class, I do pay for an Air Canada Maple
Leaf club card to get such access. It also works for the entire Star
Alliance set of lounges: United, Lufthansa (much too smoke-filled alas),
etc.

 Barry

  wellman at chass.utoronto.ca   http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman