[Air-l] persuasion on the Web

Jmarks930 at aol.com Jmarks930 at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 06:13:51 PDT 2001

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to non-proprietary data or literature that has examined which characteristics of Web sites are most successful in persuading people (either by shifting their opinion or to perform a behavior, i.e., buying something, voting for something, losing weight,etc). For example, does the credibility of the site sponsor matter, or do sites with interactive features better engage individuals with the subject matter? And so on...

Ideally, I am looking for data specifically for teens, or broken down by gender,  but I don't know if those studies have been done yet.

Any leads are greatly appreciated. I look forward to meeting many of you next week!

Best,
Julie

Julie Marks
Doctoral Candidate