[Air-l] Internet Cafes in Airports

Newberry, Brian Wayne bnewberry at ku.edu
Fri Oct 19 09:19:31 PDT 2001

I too have done a fair bit of traveling in the past year or two and have
noticed a lack of Internet Access in airports. I have never seen an Internet
Cafe in an airport but several I have been to have had some sort of Internet
access.

Specifically, Salt Lake City Utah has little rooms you can rent with
computers and Internet access. Several airports I have been in have had
Internet kiosks. I think Chicago is one airport with this system.

All of these require a credit card to use which can be a drawback. I would
also think that the coffee shop atmosphere of a cafe would be a welcome
addition to the process of communicating.

Ulla, can I invest?

Brian Newberry
University of Kansas

<snip>