[Air-l] quoting from public websites

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Sep 1 09:57:05 PDT 2001

I personally consider public websites to be like other published material.
I cite, reference and quote all the time, without hiding everything.
(Indeed, if you give the URL [as you should] in the references, what's
there to hide?)

Of course, like other published material, fair use copyright
considerations come into play.

 Barry

  wellman at chass.utoronto.ca   http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman