[Air-l] Re: Internet and Academic Disciplines

Paul Wouters Paul.Wouters at niwi.knaw.nl
Sun Sep 2 02:08:29 PDT 2001

At the Netherlands Institute for Scientific Information Services of the Royal Dutch Academy of Arts and Sciences, we are running a new research programme to look into how scientific and scholarly research and ICT interact to create new forms of knowledge production, ways of communication and new forms of quality control.

The programme can be downloaded from:
www.niwi.knaw.nl/us/research/research.htm

 From this week on we are with 3 and we will call for two new researchers in the next few weeks. We are combining ethnographic and quantitative research with case study approaches. First results are presently under submission.

We are eager to collaborate, of course.

The programme centers around the notion of "the informational turn".

regards
Paul Wouters
NIWI Research