[Air-l] a bunch of nominations

Nancy Baym nbaym at ku.edu
Wed Sep 19 10:09:29 PDT 2001

Hello all,

I want to nominate a number of people to run for open seats,
secretary, treasurer, or for that matter any other position for which
they would accept a nomination.

First, Steve Jones has my whole-hearted support for a second term as president.

Second, I am hoping to continue as vice president (and thanks Michel
and David).

Third, this is a probably incomplete listing of people that I know
have made contributions to air-l and to air, whom I hope will
consider running:

- Charles Ess (chair of ethics working group)
- John Logie (conference coordinator this year)
- Laura Gurak (also working on this year's conference)
- Ira Nayman (working on future conferences)
- Monica Murero (working on future conferences)

- Gil Rodman
- Thom Swiss
- Mia Consalvo
(the previous 3 did lots of work on the first conference as well as
other things)

- David Silver
- Reinhold Grether
(those two have compiled magnificent databases of cyberstuff and I
believe can do much to further this association)

Other people who have chimed in with opinions or otherwise lent
perspectives I think would be good to have on board:

- Gitte Stald
- Klaus Bruhn Jensen
- Jonathan Sterne
- Michel Menou
- Nils Zurowski
- Ulla Bunz

Now I know that self-nominating can be embarrassing, but if I missed
your name and you think you have something to offer, PLEASE nominate
yourself, via email if you don't want to do it publically! If I have
omitted your name, please don't take it as evidence that I don't
think you'd be a good person to have on (the) board!

Nancy