[Air-l] Terminology query ...

Zunt at aol.com Zunt at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 06:57:22 PDT 2001

In a message dated 9/26/2001 9:03:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ken.friedman at bi.no writes:

> "Would you please confirm that the right translation of the Danish
>  word 'teleslynge' is 'handsfree' in English. Teleslynge means that if
>  you have an hearing aid in your ear, the sound from i.e. a
>  loudspeaker will come though your hearing aid via radio waves. In
>  churches it is normal with this feature."

Ken, I don't speak Danish, but here's a page re: the assistive technology
you're talking about:

http://members.aol.com/centrumweb/csalspur.html

To my way of thinking, the work "handsfree" surely misses the mark.  We are
talking about transmission & reception of a wireless broadcast--of rather
limited range--using one of several available technologies.

Cheers,

Bob Briggs
Westport, MA