[Air-l] Research request

Ken Friedman ken.friedman at bi.no
Fri Sep 14 04:09:44 PDT 2001

Dear Colleagues,

The Norwegian School of Management is establishing an internal
competence school.

Some of my colleagues are engaged in a project to develop the
strategic platform for the school.

They have asked me to help locate similar internal schools for staff
and faculty at business schools and universities around the world.

The goal of the project is to shape a concept that will help the
Norwegian School of Management to systemically document and
map the organization's need for competence development, and then
to create and implement competence development programs.

These programs are only for employees, not for students.

The school now plans to implement the following programs:

- Introduction program for new employees
- Management development program
- Basic competence programs for all employees
- Special competence programs for specific groups

I would be deeply grateful for information on any comparable
programs in business schools and universities, or in private
enterprise.

I will welcome:

- organizations and contact information
- Web sites
- journal articles
. book references

This is a request that will result in an applied program rather than
a research publication. I expect to be able to return some form of
information to those who assist us.

With best regards,

Ken Friedman
--

Ken Friedman, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Leadership and Strategic Design

Visiting Professor
Advanced Research Institute
School of Art and Design
Staffordshire University