[Air-l] a nomination

D. Silver dsilver at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 18 08:36:34 PDT 2001

AIRers,

I'm writing to nominate Nancy Baym for a second term as Vice President of
AIR.  Together with Steve Jones and the rest of the current executive
committee, Nancy has done a tremendous job getting AIR off the ground and
running.  With the help of Jeremy Hunsinger, Nancy produced last year's
conference, "INTERNET RESEARCH 1.0: The State of the Interdiscipline,"
attended by scholars from over twenty countries and representing over two
dozen disciplines.  Folks who know Nancy know she's the kind of person
who makes things happen.  She's also one hellava scholar; her book Tune
In, Log On: Soaps, Fandom, and Online Community has my vote as one of the
best single-authored texts in our field.

Thanks for your time in these trying times,

david silver
http://faculty.washington.edu/dsilver