[Air-l] International Nominations

Charlie Breindahl hitch at hum.ku.dk
Fri Sep 21 01:44:38 PDT 2001

I think many good names have come up already and I support those, especially
Steve and Nancy for a second term. My motivation is primarily to make room
for non-americans in the executive committee. In my opinion, this is
important to ensure that AoIR has credibility as an _international_
organisation. (I think it is self-explaining why AoIR in particular should
have such credibility.)

To achieve this is harder than you might think. More than half our members
are American. And most of us would like to vote for someone we know. If all
Americans vote for Americans, well... So when voting, please consider
international candidates as well. And for you guys from .il, .nz, .jp, etc.:
Please come forward with your nominations  :)

My nominees are:
Jenny Sundén (Sweden) jensu at tema.liu.se
Frank Schaap (The Netherlands) architext at fragment.nl
Stine Gotved (Denmark) gotved at hum.ku.dk
Lisbeth Klastrup (Denmark) klastrup at it-c.dk
Kate O'Riordan (UK) k.s.o-riordan at sussex.ac.uk
Ken Friedman (Norway) ken.friedman at bi.no
Nicholas Jankowski (The Netherlands) nickjan at pop.xs4all.nl
Nils Zurawski (Germany) zurawsk at uni-muenster.de

(I will not run for an open seat myself, but will be happy to serve a second
term as Information Officer, if the new executive committee decides it.)

Charlie

--
Charlie Breindahl
Ph.D. Student, Department of Film and Media Studies, University of

Web:    http://computer.media.ku.dk/breindahl/
E-mail: hitch at hum.ku.dk
PGP:    ldap://certserver.pgp.com
Phone:  +45 35 32 81 19
Mobile: +45 51 92 15 98

"For the modern Don Quixote, the windmills have been preprogrammed to turn
into knights"
        - Janet H. Murray