[Air-l] nomination .....

Nils Zurawski zurawsk at uni-muenster.de
Mon Sep 24 00:48:45 PDT 2001

I do accept the nomination  made by  Nancy Baym. Although I am not
100% sure about the tasks of a secretary, I would also be willing and
happy to provide my time and services for aoir in this position.

on myself......
I am a trained sociologist and anthropologist and did research in the
field of ethnic identity and Internet. I am less than many people on
this list an Internet researcher, but I do research on, about and
with the Internet as part of my work and research interests. It is
mainly the Internet in a global social context that I  am interested
in as well as its anthropological sides and features. Apart from that
I work on issues such as violence, identity, surveillance, social
interface. Thus my networks extend into areas that until now have not
heard about aoir and are new to internet research.  More under
http://www.uni-muenster.de/PeaCon/zurawski

my interest/goals in the aoir.....
I am very much interested in bringing in more Europeans and other
people not living in North America, to help widening the scope and
outreach of aoir and to make it known among the research community. A
European conference finds my strong support and even the future idea
of regional chapters.

I cannot attend the IR2.0 this year, despite earlier plans, but hope
to be in contact and discussions with some of you anyway.

Best wishes

Nils Zurawski / nilz