[Air-l] Terminology query ...

Ken Friedman ken.friedman at bi.no
Wed Sep 26 07:03:24 PDT 2001

Dear Colleagues,

A colleague in Denmark asks a technical terminology
question. Someone on this list may know the answer.

He asks:

"Would you please confirm that the right translation of the Danish
word 'teleslynge' is 'handsfree' in English. Teleslynge means that if
you have an hearing aid in your ear, the sound from i.e. a
loudspeaker will come though your hearing aid via radio waves. In
churches it is normal with this feature."

I know most of you don't speak Danish, but I'd be grateful to
know what such a device is called. If there is a term for a
similar device, I'll welcome that information.

If you have an answer, please drop me a direct note at

<ken.friedman at bi.no>

Best regards,

Ken Friedman

--

Ken Friedman, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Leadership and Strategic Design

Visiting Professor
Advanced Research Institute
School of Art and Design
Staffordshire University