[Air-l] With all due respect to Ken Friedman

Ulf Reips ureips at genpsy.unizh.ch
Sun Sep 30 17:26:52 PDT 2001

At 19:09 Uhr -0500 30.9.2001, thom wrote:

>doesn't make any more sense today than it would to recommend that all
>books be designed like text books, film like Red Cross training films or
>television like news programming on PBS/BBC. The content, goal and
>audience determines the structure and style.

Hi Thom,
very well put! I completely agree and would like to add that the WWW
calls for even more diversity in design than was necessary in these
traditional media, as there is so much variation in the technical
underpinnings of the Web (html versions, plugins, connections/loading
times, browsers, operating systems...).
Cheers from Zürich,
--u
--
   Dr. Ulf-Dietrich Reips

   Anschrift/Address:
                     Universität Zürich		  ICQ: 16739325
	    Psychologisches Institut		  Fax: 0041-1-6344929
                     Attenhoferstr. 9
	    CH-8032 Zürich, Switzerland