[Air-l] music and the internet

Jens Maigaard jensm at stofanet.dk
Wed Sep 19 09:12:38 PDT 2001

greetings!

I am about to embark on the project of writing my thesis on the topic of the
sociotechnical implications of file sharing and the .mp3 format. My focus
will be the proliferation of the technology and the following debate and
legal actions by the involved parties. The theoretical framework will be
centered around Bruno Latour and others' work known as Actor Network Theory.

If anybody knows of any prior reseach on the topic, be it from a technical,
sociological, judicial or any other point of view, I'd be grateful to hear
about it.

Thank you,

Jens Maigaard
Department of Information Studies