[Air-l] Question about research on migrant networks

C. Courtright ccourtri at indiana.edu
Sat Sep 22 12:54:13 PDT 2001

Greetings,

Does anyone have knowledge of ongoing or published scholarly work regarding
Internet use by migrant networks, either 1) among expatriates/emigrants, or
2) between expatriates/emigrants and home country? I have personal
knowledge of many such networks, and the topic was discussed in Miller &
Slater (2000) _The Internet: An ethnographic approach_. However, I haven't
found anything else in the literature beyond the occasional reference to
Internet use as part of transnational networking. I am thinking about
future empirical research on this topic.

Thank you for your help,

Christina Courtright
SLIS-Indiana University
ccourtri at indiana.edu