[Air-l] Suggestion: Job Board

Logie logie at tc.umn.edu
Tue Sep 25 10:47:04 PDT 2001

At 9:38 AM -0500 9/25/01, Bunz, Ulla K wrote:
>Each of you whose university/school/department has a job announced that
>could be of interest to an Internet Researcher could bring a one-page ad and
>post it on the job board. The effort from the conference organizers would
>entail making/finding a board (if you let them know you intend to bring a
>posting they can plan), and finding a place to stand the board.

sounds reasonable!

and Nancy Baym wrote:
>I like this idea. That'd be your turf, Logie :) We also have a jobs
>area of the members website (under "topics") and people wishing to
>post jobs can do so directly if they are members or email them to me
>and I can do it for them if they are on air-l but are not members.
>Nancy

This IS a great idea. I don't know what it will look like yet, or
where it will be, but we WILL establish some central distribution
point for jobs in the field.

When I first read this, I thought it was a suggestion for an
electronic job board, like, perhaps the ones H-NET runs. This is also
a good idea. . . for after the conference.

Best,

Logie