[Air-l] History of computer

Mario Guimaraes Jr. mario.guimaraes at brunel.ac.uk
Mon Apr 15 08:19:58 PDT 2002

Pfaffenberger, Bryan (1988)  "The Social Meaning of the
Personal Computer: Or, Why the Personal Computer Revolution
was No Revolution".  Anthropological Quarterly, Vol 61, pp
39-47.

This paper gives an interesting account of the ideas around
personal computing in the 60-70's. Despite I am not fully
agree with his argument it is worth a reading.

Cheers,

Mario Guimaraes.