[Air-l] Interdisciplinary graduate programs

Caroline Haythornthwaite haythorn at uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 14 14:49:43 PDT 2002

Hi. I am forwarding this on behalf of the Advanced Studies Committee at
Graduate School of Library and Information Science, UIUC in response to an
earlier query about interdisciplinary graduate programs ...

----
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has a Ph.D. program in
library and information science that is VERY interdisciplinary in nature.
The research areas of faculty and current doctoral students include CMC,
on-line communities, internet studies, information policy, educational
technology, etc.  We have connections to the Institue for Communication
Research, the College of Education, and other parts of the campus.  This
makes it easy for our doctoral students to connect with other researchers
and set up a broad program of study for themselves.  More information about
the program and the research directions we support can be found at:
<http://alexia.lis.uiuc.edu/gslis/>.

-------