[Air-l] PhD Scholarship Information Required

Caroline Bennett bennett at usq.edu.au
Tue Apr 2 16:43:07 PST 2002

Hi all,
My apologies for posting this enquiry to the mailing list, but it seemed an
ideal place to ask whether anyone knew of any PhD Scholarships being offered
currently?. (I attended and presented at the first AOIR conference in Kansas
but have not been very active in the group of late.

I'm asking about scholarships as I was recently shortlisted for a
scholarship (to finish my PhD) in the UK, but the university was unable to
find a suitable co-supervisor which meant that they could not offer me a
place.

I have my PhD proposal online at: http://www.hotkey.net.au/~carolineb

This will give an idea as to the topic and why supervision is an 'issue'.
The research is 'twofold' in that it concerns the feasibility of CMC as a
faciliator of male self-disclosure, so supervision requirements dictate that
I have one person qualified in the 'online' aspect and another in the area
of 'gender studies'.  Does anyone have any ideas or avenues that I could
explore regarding scholarships?
Thank you in advance,
Caroline Bennett