[Air-l] Aoir Meet @ Cyberculture Working Group

Donald Snyder djkay at wam.umd.edu
Fri Apr 19 09:32:16 PDT 2002

Dear Aoir Members,

This is a great idea and as conference organizer for CWG I totally support
it.  As a member of Aoir I am extremely pleased with the fact that several
of the participants at this years CWG conference are also affiliated with
Aoir.

For those of you who are in or will be in the DC area next weekend and
want more information about the upcoming conference, Critical
Cyberculture Studies: Mapping an Evolving Discipline, please visit
www.amst.umd.edu/cwg, or email me at dsnyder at otal.umd.edu.  Featured will
be an opening address by Joan Korenman, who is the director of the Center
for Women and Information Technology, and the keynote will be given by
Donna Haraway, professor at the History of Consciousness program at the
University of California, Santa Cruz.  Some of the presenters who are Aoir
members include David Silver, Radhika Gajjala, Ken Hillis, and Fred
Turner.

Jeremy,

Would you have any interest in saying a few words about Aoir
during the opening of the conference about Aoir?

As for the social, I am interested, but unfortunately will be swamped with
my duties running the show.  Still let me know when you are planning to do
this and I will try my best to stop by.

Sincerely,

Donald Snyder
Co-President