[Air-l] aoir.org, appropriation/spam

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Tue Apr 23 11:07:47 PDT 2002

Hi,
recently, I've been noticing that i've been getting spam from AoIR.org,
and I've had some reports of a virus distributed here.  However, after
investigation, I can confirm that none of these events have actually
been disseminated from our servers.  Instead, they have been,
appropriated and distributed as originating from aoir.org, even though
they have not.  This, of course, is quite easy to do with open
relays(aoir.org is not open) and should be summarily ignored by you.
But if you do receive something that you think is of dubious origin but
claiming to be aoir.org, please feel free to send it to
postmaster(substitute@)aoir.org and I will investigate it, remember to
send full headers if possible.

Thanks,

--