[Air-l] How do you use the Web for research?

Francois Coulombe francois at SunergiaGroup.com
Wed Apr 24 18:10:45 PDT 2002

The company I work for is working closely with the developers of a new
Web-browser called Browse3D.  One of the many claims we make is that it
makes Web surfing and searching 'more efficient' because it visually
shows where you are, where you were and where you can go on the Web.

Often, we'd have people asking what we mean by 'more efficient' and
there was no quantitative explanation for that. Doing a demo would prove
it but still, we didn't have numbers to back up the claim. I recently
did a quick test taking a specific task (going to a list of 30
newspapers on the Web and visiting the cover of each to determine if
there were ads) and doing it with a 'regular' browser (IE) and also with
our product. It took 8 minutes versus 6. 25% time saving to do the same
task.

Now, we'd like to do more tests like that but with a research/education
spin. Take typical ways the Web can be used in research and see if and
how using Browse3D will save time and make the task easier.

If you can provide examples of 'tasks' or usages of the Web that are
typical of what you do for research, it would be greatly appreciated. I
could try to reproduce them with different browsers and see the outcome.

Thanks in advance!

Francois
=======================================
Sunergia Group, Inc.
Distributor of Browse3D for the Education Field
www.SunergiaGroup.com/browse3D
Quickly and Easily Find, Organize, Save & Exchange
Web-based information with the Browse3D browser.
11703 Bowman Green Drive
Reston, VA 20190  USA
Tel: 703.464.7007
Fax: 703.464.7385