[Air-l] Re: Air-l digest, Vol 1 #368 - 4 msgs

Thom Kevin Gillespie thom at indiana.edu
Fri Apr 26 10:37:43 PDT 2002

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 air-l-request at aoir.org wrote:

> From: Yvonne Waern <waern at dsv.su.se>
> Subject: Re: [Air-l] Visual communication on the web?
>
> I was probably not enough specific - sorry!  What I meant is: how can
> people express themselves on the web, visually?  NOT web-page design,
> nor html - code!  I have heard about chats with visual components -
> do you know any research on such?  Or anything similar?

We have a project in the MIME program to allow folks to do just that

www.bubblebubblecomics.com

This project is just beginning but there are all sorts of plans for the
equivalent of visual chat/comic design.

last year we had a project described as 'open source animation' which
would also give users/readers/interactors the opportunity to visually
design even if they couldn't visually design

www.zonecomics.com

Might also examine the way the tool 'painter' is constructed with playback
capabilities.

I think you can 'study' this concept but you will always be 'behind' the
concept. the only way to actually study this concept effectively is to
learn to design yourself or associate with the folks who are building the
future, the designers.

--Thom

 \\\\////   tHoM gIllEsPiE, maitre d'Igital, CafeTechnos at ait.net
 /ww  ww\   Indiana University, Telecommunications Dept
6 (*][*) ?       1229 E 7th St      Radio & TV Bldg
 \  .7  /          Bloomington, IN 47405-5501 USA
  ( --')       thom at indiana.edu     812-855-3254 (v)
   WWWW         The MIME Program in newMedia Design
  / WW \               www.mime.indiana.edu
Since permanent change is here to stay, to accomplish anything bold and
beautiful in the firmament of time we must learn to change directions and
fall gracefully   -- Sam Keen in Learning To Fly