[Air-l] Re: eBay research

Vishwanath, Arun avishwan at indiana.edu
Wed Apr 17 17:40:15 PDT 2002

Jonathan
I have done some work recently on data from eBay. 2 of my papers seem to fit
your query,
1."COMPARING ONLINE INFORMATION EFFECTS: A Cross Cultural Comparison of
Information and Uncertainty Avoidance."- This paper explores information
effects on online eBay auctions across 3 cultures, USA, Germnay, and Japan;
2."MANIFESTATIONS OF INTERPERSONAL TRUST IN ONLINE INTERACTION: A Cross
Cultural Study Comparing The Differential Utilization Of Seller Ratings By
eBay Auction Participants In Canada, France, And Germany."

In addition I have some papers that explore the discriminant effect of
prices such as reserve price and initial (minimum) price in bidding etc.
The above 2 papers are under review, however I would be more that willing to
email them to you if you need them.

Hope that helps,

Arun