[Air-l] validity of the research

Aurelija naunetka at takas.lt
Tue Aug 6 10:41:37 PDT 2002

hello :)

Introducing qualitative research in the seminar, I was asked a question
about the validity of online researches: how may we trust the results, when
we don't get non-verbal information and how can we be sure whether the
respondent says the truth or lies... I usually use additional methods for
validation, such as observation or interviews IRL, but in some cases I (and
possibly other researchers too) just trust, what my respondents say and
build my conclusions on their words... so I wanted to ask, how do you deal
with the question of validity doing the research online?

Regards
Aurelija Dagilyte